The Boone Family's Adoption Journey

We Are Growing Again...

Friday, December 30, 2011

Our Family 3K Fun Run

Our Adoption Signing celebration continued...

Just an hour after signing "the" papers, we headed down to Monterey and Pacific Grove for a night away and to participate in a 3k Family Fun Run for Atheletes for Adoption.  When we arrived in town, we went to Chili's for dinner and were joined by my parents, Joel's parents, my brother's family and Joel's brothers family.  It was so fun to all be together for my birthday meal!  After dinner we all headed back to our hotel in Pacific Grove and tucked  into bed.

Saturday morning was the 3K Run.  We had so much fun getting ready.  The kids were so excited to put on their AFA shirts and bib numbers.  They were ready for the race.  As we walked down to the start line (all 17 of us) the day was beautiful, there were lots of people and so much excitement.  

We arrived at the start line a few minutes early so we got to talk with other families that were there running for athletes for adoption as well as take lots of pictures.  At the 5 minute warning they played the National Anthem.  As I stood there listening to the song and looking around at the 17 family members there with me, my eyes filled with tears.  Today my family joined with me in my passion for adoption and my daughter's journey. They booked hotels, paid race registration fees, drove hours and set aside time in their schedules to be here with us.  I had never felt so supported and loved.  It was overwhelmingly awesome!  My family rocks!  

The gun fired and the race began... 
and for us it wasn't about the race but about the fun.  We ran for about 1 minute then chased, played, laughed, walked and talked all along the ocean.  It was such an amazing hour.  Yes, it took our family just over one hour to go 2 miles, but we finished!   I think we literally were the second to last group.  However, that hour will forever be a sweet memory.  Our families had the best conversations over those 2 miles and my heart was so happy watching all the kids play together.  I am so thankful it took as long as it did!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to our friends and family that sponsored us for the run!
We raised $500 for God's Grace Adoption Ministries which will  help bring children home to their forever families! 
Also our family won for greatest family participation for The Athletes for Adoption Team

Add Todd and Tatyana's daughter, Katya got youngest participant

A Burden Lifted...
We were always told that Savannah was here to stay, she wasn't going any where and that no one would move her... but it wasn't till after signing "the" papers that I realized I had those thoughts in the back of my mind.  As I look at my precious daughter, I realized that burden had been lifted and I could squeeze her that much tighter.  We are one step away from officially knowing that no one could ever take her from us.  I can't wait for her Adoption Day!!!

Please join with us in prayer as we wait again for our court date...

No comments:

Post a Comment