The Boone Family's Adoption Journey

We Are Growing Again...

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Our Unexpected gift...

I thought that I had finished blogging about our growing family, but God had a different plan.

We are expecting baby #5!!!

Here is our miracle baby's story:

These past few weeks I haven't been feeling well and really couldn't figure out why I couldn't kick the nauseous feeling.  I just kept thinking maybe it is exhaustion.  Then, over this past weekend it seemed to get worse and I started to have pregnancy thoughts.  However, I new this wasn't possible as I had  surgery last April to close my tubes.  In July an x-ray was performed and the surgery was confirmed successful.  Finally, Monday afternoon I decided I just needed to rule it out.  I couldn't believe what I saw when I read the test.  The shock, the tears, 5 kids, starting over and you have got to be kidding me were my first reactions.  Fortunately, Joel is amazing and could help me calm down.  After the panic came the worry.  If I am really pregnant is the baby ok?  I didn't sleep well that night and prayed and prayed that I could get in to the doctor in the morning.

Fortunately, the Doctor's office did call me back Tuesday morning and got me an appointment in the afternoon.  They were also in shock for us and wanted to make sure everything was ok.
Tuesday my heart was heavy and I was blessed by this quote that was sent to me...

"Trust and thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Focus on Me, entrusting your concerns into My care."

When the Doctor (the very one that confirmed my surgery successful) came in the room I could tell he was hesitant not knowing what to expect from us.  Joel and I were smiling and laughing, so he quickly relaxed and these were his first words...
"Congratulations you are our first failure!"
All Joel and I could do was laugh.

He proceeded with a sonogram and right away there was our baby, right in the correct place.  I felt so thankful... and then we heard the heart beat.  There was our unexpected gift!  I really was pregnant again.  I am 7 weeks due October 10th.



Our family is very excited and though this is definitely a life changer, we know it is a blessing from The Lord!

We would totally appreciate your prayers:
For a healthy baby and pregnancy
For me to not be fearful and to have strength each day as I am not feel well
For Joel as he has a very full plate (preparing for Mexico) and now I'm not 100%
For our sweet kids to have patience as they are so very excited
For peace as we adjust and plan for the arrival of our baby

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you" 1 Peter 5:7

Thank you again for being apart of our journey as we go from a Forever Family of 6 to a Forever Family of 7!




1 comment: