The Boone Family's Adoption Journey

We Are Growing Again...

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Family Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated our First Family Birthday!!  It has been exactly one year since Savannah came home and we became a forever family of 6!!

We took the kids out for a very special "fancy" dinner at Dewz and we had the most incredible time.  Sometimes, I find myself leery of having expectations for special moments so that I am not disappointed, but last night couldn't of been more beautiful.  All 4 kids were so well behaved and loved choosing fancy appetizers, really yummy big kid dinners (prime rib), and huge desserts.  Joel and I felt so blessed to be able to have a night to spoil the family.

While we were at dinner Joel asked each one of our children to share special moments that they remember from this past year... Here is a glimpse

Gavin- Seeing sissy for the first time, Wagon Train Summer Camp and camping with our friends The McCay's and The Vasquez's
Merek- Discovery Kingdom, that sissy got to go to the Beach House and The Boardwalk for the first time (our annual vacation of many years) and bobbing for apples
Eiler- The Hoe Down and Camping
Savannah- Disneyland with Daddy and Our Family Birthday

Our evening ended with picking up our "race" shirts for Athletes for Adoption, so that we could wear them today in support of Orphan Sunday.  We were one "Big Red" family at church today and we look forward to doing our Family 3K run on November 19th in Monterey.  I am so excited that my parents, my brother's family, Joel's parents and possibly Joel's brother Todd's family will be joining us in the race! We are thankful we can join with others in raising money for God's Grace Adoption Ministry so families can receive financial assistance for adoption expenses and children be united with their Forever Families!

Here is a link if you are interested in sponsoring our family in the 3K Run
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/boonefamily/bigsur?fge=ask

and a link to Athlete's for Adoption
http://athletesforadoption.org/

as well as a link to God's Grace Adoption Ministry
http://ggam.org/

When I think of last night, I smile...
I am thankful that the Lord has given me the opportunity to be a Mom to 4 precious children.  May I bring the Lord honor and glory and would He find me faithful as I raise them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah & Joel!
    I have so enjoyed reading about you both following God's lead for adding a daughter to your family.  Sarah you have such a gift for writing.  As I read your posts I felt like I was right there with you.  I could feel your heart and your feelings!  When I was caught up with your journey I knew without a doubt that you put the Lord first in your lives and this adoption was no
    different.  When I left your site I felt part of your celebration as a family and I too felt a challenge to become even more closer to our God!
    Thank you so much for sharing!  You have blessed My Heart!!
    In Him ~Laurie Anderson Stunkel

    ReplyDelete