The Boone Family's Adoption Journey

We Are Growing Again...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Can we take both...

When Joel and I had the meeting about "M" last week, we were reminded by our social worker that we could still be called in regards to other children as we wait to see what would take place with "M".  He shared that they have had families waiting on one child and the Lord brings another along and that ends up being the child for their family.  So as we drove home Joel and I talked about how we were open to receiving any other calls if that would be what the Lord had.
Well yesterday it happened..
Just as I finished reading the email about "M" my cell phone rang and it was our agency with another call. This time about a sweet 2 year old little girl named "S".   Joel's response to the news, "Can't we take both?" I love his heart as he waits for his daughter.  So we said yes to having our home study submitted for her too.  We no little information about "S", but are excited to hear more as the week continues.  Though we have been chosen for "M", there is still family pending so their is no guarantee... we will continue to walk through any doors the Lord opens up for us.
My heart is so excited today!
"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sarah!! I seriously just got chills!! :) I can't imagine what you're feeling. I am so excited and happy for you guys. I have been checking your blog faithfully for updates. :) We continue to pray for your family as you wait to see what God has planned for you.
    Blessings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete