The Boone Family's Adoption Journey

We Are Growing Again...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

1 Year ago today...

June 16, 2010
Our family was blown away by the overwhelming support and financial blessings of our adoption yard sale.  All the items sold were donated by over 25 families to help us offset the cost of the future adoption of our daughter.  Our boys were proud and very excited selling cookies for their future sister.  It was a beautiful day in our journey, reminding us that when God calls us to something.. He is FAITHFUL to provide!!

My journal entry that evening...

Lord the Yard Sale was amazing, hard work and fun!  Thank you for the many who donated to, helped at, came by and prayed for this day.  We were blown away at the financial blessings and our adoption costs are covered!  Lord I look forward to preparing the room for our sweet daughter.  Only you know who she is.  I smile when I think about meeting her and holding her.  I wait anxiously and patiently, knowing your timing is perfect.  Lord continue to grow my love, Joel's love and our boys love for her, even though we've never met her.  We can't wait to know her name, her age, her appearance.. to welcome her home to her forever family.
Sweet girl I love you.  I can't wait to hold you, meet you, hug you and kiss you.  Sweet girl, Jesus loves you, you are his daughter "the daughter of the king" and I am so ready to bring you home.  A purple room will be ready just for you.
Lord whisper in my daughter's ear tonight, "Goodnight, Mommy loves you!"

One year later...

June 16, 2011
Our daughter has been home 7 months and 11 days... our family of 6 complete!
Today you swam, swam some more and then some more.  You love the water, you love to wear your pink tutu swim suit and you won't let Mommy forget to put in the pink bow too.
You love to dress girlie and then get dirty.

Tonight I watched you proudly as you tip toed off with your precious smile to go on stage to practice your ballet routine for your recital Saturday.  You are absolutely adorable in your purple ballerina princess dress.  You are my beautiful little girl!

Just moments ago, I got to sing with you "Jesus Loves Me", give you your blankey, pray with you,  kiss you and whisper in your ear "Goodnight, Mommy Loves You."  One year ago today, it was just a dream.

As I read my journal entry from one year ago, I am again reminded that not only was the Lord faithful financially, but most importantly in bringing our Sweet Savannah home.  We are so in love with our daughter/sister.  Everyday we grow closer together as a Forever Family!!!
Special Memories we have had over the last couple months:
Family pictures
Easter
Savannah meeting all the family
The Cinderella Show
The Beach
Camping
DisneyLand (A Daddy-Daughter Date)
Girls Day with cousin Paige
Watching Savannah learn about Jesus

Thank you for continuing to pray for our family.  We look forward to the "Official Day" Savannah will be forever ours.. we are praying we will be able to finalize before the end of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment